From MarineSpecies Introduced Traits Wiki
The (study of the) shape and structure of coastal systems or subsystems. For example: the morphology of a delta, the morphology of an estuary, the morphology of a beach, the morphology of a bedform.
The meaning of the Greek word "morphè" is form or shape.
- Characteristics of sedimentary shores
- Classification of sandy coastlines
- Shoreface profile
- Stability models
- Rhythmic shoreline features
- Beach Cusps
- Sand ridges in shelf seas
- Process-based morphological models
- Geomorphological analysis
- Behaviour-based models
- Littoral drift and shoreline modelling
- Stochastic and fractal methods in coastal morphodynamics