Coastal zone management
Process aiming to balance the different interests in coastal areas, related to safety, environment, economy, social equity and esthetic and cultural values.
Coastal area planning and coastal engineering (hard or soft measures) are major components of coastal zone management, together with legislation, administration, communication, education, monitoring, research. Because of this comprehensive scope the term Integrated coastal zone management (ICZM) is more widely used than CZM. The dynamic nature of the coastal zone is a highly challenging aspect of coastal zone management.
- Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM)
- Some definitions of Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM)
- The Integrated approach to Coastal Zone Management (ICZM)
- Spatial Planning and Integrated Coastal Zone Management
- Policy instruments for integrated coastal zone management
- Shoreline management
and other articles in the category Integrated coastal zone management