Nutrient analysers are oceanographic instruments to measure the concentration of certain nutrients in situ. While most measurements of nutrients are still made by taking water samples for later analysis in the lab a variety of in situ instruments has become available that automatically measure nutrient concentrations at pre-programmed intervals. These instruments allow a much higher temporal resolution of measurements than what can be achieved by taking samples.
Most of the nutrient analysers are based on proven wet-chemical laboratory analysis methods.
- Satlantic Optical nitrate analysers, water quality monitor. Accessed 14.5.2007
- TriOS Optical Sensors Optical nitrate analysers. Accessed 14.5.2007
- Systea S.p.a., wet chemical nutrient analysers. Accessed 14.5.2007
- SubChem Systems Inc., submersible chemical analysers for nutrients, trace metals. Accessed 14.5.2007
- YSI Inc., nutrient analysers. Accessed 14.5.2007
- EnviroTech LLC, nutrient analysers. Accessed 14.5.2007